Friday, October 1, 2010

Fidelity in Little Acts


"How will she prove her love since love is proved by works? Well, the little child will strew flowers.


This is how my life will be consumed. I have no other means of proving my love for you other than that of strewing flowers, that is, not allowing one little sacrifice to escape, not one look, one word, profitting by all the smallest things and doing them through love. I desire to suffer for love and even to rejoice through love; and in this way I shall strew flowers before Your throne. I will not come upon one without unpetalling it for You. While I am strewing my flowers, I shall sing, for could one cry while doing such a joyful action? I shall sing even when I must gather my flowers in the midst of thorns, and my song will be all the more melodious in proportion to the length and sharpness of the thorns."


St. Therese of the Child Jesus,

Story of a Soul, Ch. IX

No comments:

Post a Comment