Friday, September 17, 2010

On Retreat







I have been on retreat this week with the diocesan clergy. While on retreat, I had the wonderful privilege of offering the Mass in the Oratory of the Cathedral of Our Lady of Atonement in Baguio City. The Oratory is a wonderful sign of the acceptance by the Bishop of Baguio of Summorum Pontificum which is rare in the Philippines. May God bless the good bishop!




I offered Mass in the Oratory during the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows, and also on the Feast of Sts. Cyprian and Cornelius. What a fitting way of thanking God for the promulgation of Summorum Pontificum.
Thanks to Florentino Asuncion for the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thought father. I hardly saw any portrait of God the Father then however recently some parties are starting to show him as a gray bearded man and I really wonder is that the way he really is? Or perhaps He is beyond a mortal drawing.

    ReplyDelete