Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Prayer of St. Thomas Aquinas

While browsing over the bookmarkers that accumulated in my breviary, I found a copy of the holy card for my priestly ordination. It has the prayer of St. Thomas Aquinas which is very dear to me:

Lord,
give me a heart so watchful that no vain thought can distract it from you,
a noble heart that no unworthy passion can seduce,
an upright heart that no evil intention may contaminate,
a sturdy heart that is not crushed by tribulation,
a free heart that does not let itself be overcome by troubled passion.

Grant me
an understanding that knows you,
a love that seeks you,
a wisdom that finds you,
conversation that pleases you, perseverance that waits for you with confidence,
and hope that will finally embrace you. (St. Thomas Aquinas)

Happy Feast day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fr. Jojo,i sent you po a private message thru fb,hope you can assist po...thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete