Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Joseph, Patron of the Catholic Church


On this feast of St. Joseph, let us pray to the humble husband of the Blessed Mother and the foster father of our Lord, for the Church which is in most need of his protection. He is the patron of the Catholic Church. Let us ask him to protect the Church today as once he protected the Child Jesus.


O glorious Saint Joseph, chosen by God to be the foster father of Jesus, the chaste spouse of Mary ever Virgin, and the head of the Holy Family and then appointed by the Vicar of Christ to be the heavenly patron and defender of the Church founded by Jesus, most confedently do I implore at this moment they powerful aid for all the Church militant on earth. Do thou shield with they truly paternal love especially the Supreme Pontiff and all the Bishops and priests who are in union with the Holy See of Peter. Be the defender of all who labor for souls amidst the trials and tribulations of this life, and cause all the the peoples of the earth to submit themselves in a docile spirit to that Church which is the ark of salvation for all men.


Be pleased also, dear Saint Joseph, to accept this dedication of myself which I now make unto thee. I dedicate myself wholly to thee, that thou mayest ever be my father, my patron, and my guide in the way of salvation. Obtain for me great purity of heart and a fervent devotion to the interior life. Grant that, following thine example, I may direct all my actions to the greater glory of God, in union with the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary and in union with thee. Finally pray for me that I may be a partaker in the peace and joy which were thine at the hour of thy holy death. Amen.


from the Raccolta

No comments:

Post a Comment