Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week of Prayer for the Unity of the Church


Ant. That they all may be one, as Thou, Father, in me and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me.


V./ I say to thee, that thou art Peter,

R./ And upon this rock I will build my Church.


Let us pray.


Lord Jesus Christ, Who didst say to Thine Apostles: Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, look not upon my sins, but upon the faith of Thy Church; and vouchsafe unto her that peace and unity which is aggreable to Thy will: Who livest and reignest God for ever and ever. Amen.


Ant. Ut omnes unum sint, sicut Tu, Pater, in me et ego in Te, ut et ipsi in nobis unum sint; ut credat mundus quia Tu me misisti.


V./ Ego dico tibi, quia Tu es Petrus,

R./ Et super hanc petram aedificabo Ecclesiam meam.


Oremus.


Domine Iesu Christe, qui dixist Apostolis tuis: Pacem relinquo vobis, pacem meam do vobis; ne respicias pecatta mea, sed fidem Ecclesiae tuae; eamque secundum voluntatem tuam pacificare et coadunare digneris: qui vivis et regnas Deus per omnia saecula saeculorum. Amen.


The octave of prayers for the Unity of the Church is from the Feast of the Chair of St. Peter in Rome (January 18) to the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul (January 25).


from the Raccolta

No comments:

Post a Comment